The IMC has recently launched a new Erasmus+ cooperation project called “Music and Resilience Support (MARS)”. MARS will offer specialized training and support for community musicians, music therapists, and health and education workers in psycho-social music theory, techniques and methodology, for use particularly in communities suffering from deprivation and stress.
The following activities are planned:
- the development of an on-line support center for E-learning, reference and research, exchange of best practices, consultancy and supervision;
- the definition of a MARS Specialization Profile for demand-supply matching between potential employers and specialists;
- the formation of an international staff group trained in MARS philosophy, pedagogy and methodology;
- the creation of a pilot frontal training seminar for practical formation;
- the guidance of a student group through the first full training, including a period of fieldwork within the refugee community of Lebanon, with final assessment and certification;
- the dissemination of project results, on-line resources and future training possibilities for continuation after project termination.
The project launched with a Needs Analysis aiming to collect information from individuals with particular expertise, and from organisations already working with marginalized communities. If you wish to participate, please click here.